School Announcements

Diploma Exam Courses and Summer Extension

Picture of Karol Kam
Diploma Exam Courses and Summer Extension
by Karol Kam - Friday, 12 June 2020, 3:13 PM

Good afternoon!

This announcement is for students who are taking classes that would normally have a diploma exam.  Please be aware that the cancellation of diploma exams is only for the June 2020 sitting.  At this time, it is likely that diploma exams will continue as usual for the 2020/2021 school year.

***It is very important to note that if you plan to complete your course on the summer extension, you will be required to write the diploma exam at a later date, unless the government decides to once again cancel exams if there is a return of COVID-19 lockdown next fall (a scenario which is not impossible, but should not be expected at this time.  It is expected that exams will return to normal next school year).  Only students that complete by the June 25 deadline will be exempted from diploma exams by the province.  The school has no say in this decision.  It is made by the Minister of Education.

Please note that since there are no exams, diploma course work will be due no later than noon on June 25, rather than the previous deadline of June 18, along with work for all non-diploma exam courses.

As such, I know your teachers and mentors all join me in encouraging you to complete as much of your coursework as possible before the June 25 noon deadline to avoid having to do a diploma exam (or other class exams) next fall in order to get your credits for the same courses.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Mrs. Kam