School Announcements

Happy New Year 2022! Important Information

Picture of Karol Kam
Happy New Year 2022! Important Information
by Karol Kam - Sunday, 2 January 2022, 10:02 AM

Good morning, students!  

I hope you all had a restful holiday full of blessings!

I’m sure that many of you have already seen the announcement that there has been a delay on returning to school for in-person learning until January 10.  Because we are already an online school, it will be business as usual at SCcyber, with school resuming tomorrow, January 3, 2022.  We do understand that for some students that do their SCcyber courses from a partner school facility or learning centre, you may experience a disruption this week if your school building is temporarily closed. Please continue to work from home as best you can this week, and reschedule exam supervision sessions with your mentor for a later date, if necessary.  All homework help, teacher duties, non-diploma exams and assignment due dates will proceed as usual at this time.  We will continue to monitor the situation and make further adjustments, if necessary.

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT FOR GRADE 12 STUDENTS DOING DIPLOMA EXAM COURSES: You may have also seen that  diploma exams are cancelled in January, due to Covid.  This means that FOR DIPLOMA EXAM COURSE STUDENTS ONLY, your school awarded mark will be your final mark on your transcript once you complete the course.  YOUR TEACHER MAY, AT THEIR DISCRETION, ADD THEIR OWN FINAL ASSESSMENT IN PLACE OF THE DIPLOMA, IF NECESSARY. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EXAMS AND FINALS IN NON-DIPLOMA COURSES.  NON-DIPLOMA FINAL EXAMS ARE EXPECTED TO PROCEED NORMALLY AT THIS TIME.

PLEASE NOTE:  At this time, the diploma exam cancellation applies to January completions ONLY.  This means that if you use the February extension, and Alberta Education reinstates exams for April or June, you may still be required to write a diploma exam.  You must complete your course and have a final mark during the January marks cut-off, to take advantage of the January exam cancellation.  Marks reported to Alberta Ed after January will technically be considered as marks in the next term, and at this time, diploma exams are not cancelled past January. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

God bless you in the New Year!
Mrs. Kam