School Announcements

Didn't quite Finish? February Extension Period Reminder

Picture of Karol Kam
Didn't quite Finish? February Extension Period Reminder
by Karol Kam - Thursday, 25 January 2024, 10:41 AM

Good morning to our SCcyber family!

I hope this finds you well.

Dont Panic Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy GIF - Dont Panic Hitchhikers  Guide To The Galaxy Stay Calm - Discover & Share GIFs

I am sending everyone a reminder this morning about our complimentary extension period for 3 weeks after the official end of the semester for students to complete last minute items (no corrections allowed).  This semester, it ends on Feb. 22 at noon.  If you weren't quite able to finish your semester 1 classes and want to make use of the extension, please discuss it with your mentor and then drop me a line of which classes and let your teacher from the class know.  Items that were handed in after the January 17 diploma course semester deadline and the January 25 non-diploma course deadline may be automatically rolled into the extension marking as well as teachers need to time mark it.   Marks for extensions are sent to Alberta Ed at the end of February.  If the student still needs to write a diploma exam after that, then we arrange for them to write in April or June.  Students are also welcome to take another full semester to complete their courses without starting over, but tuition is due again for the additional semester, after the Feb. 22 extension deadline passes.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Mrs. Kam